Request by Email
Dental Care Services
Meet Dr. John Kitzmiller, III
Opened Apex Dental Group
Dr. Kitzmiller opened this Comprehensive General Dentistry practice in Apex, North Carolina early in 2002.
Prior to opening his own practice, he served as an Army Dental Officer and received advanced dental training.
He transitioned to civilian dentistry in 2000 with a successful 2-year associateship with Dr. David Dickerhoff of Spring Lake Dental Group in Spring Lake, North Carolina.
Dr Kitzmiller traveled through Apex and stumbled upon Apex Peak Festival and fell in love with the town. It was then he decided to open his comprehensive dental practice in Apex, NC.
Dentist in the Army
Son of a retired Naval Dental Officer, he followed in his father’s footsteps as a military dental officer.
In 1988, as a commissioned officer in the United States Army, Dr. Kitzmiller graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry and attended a one year residency at Fort Benning, Georgia.
His assignments include Kaiserslautern, Germany, Fort Sam Houston, Fort Hood, and Fort Bragg. He was also deployed to Zimbabwe, Africa and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Upon graduating from the Advanced Education in General Dentistry, a 2-Year Program at Fort Hood, he earned the distinction of becoming a board certified dentist in Comprehensive Dentistry by the Federal Services Board.
Following training at the Triangle Dental Institute, Dr. Kitzmiller began offering single tooth implants.
- Expert Field Medical Badge
- Army Achievement Medal
- Army Commendation Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Bachelor of Arts, Wake Forest University, 1984
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of North Carolina, 1988
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry, 1-Year, US Army, 1989
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry, 2-Year, US Army, 1996
- Diplomate of the Federal Services Board of General Dentistry, 1998
- Triangle Dental Institute, Dental Implant Continuum, 2013
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- North Carolina Dental Society
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists – Fellow
- Spear Faculty Club Member
Apex Dental Group
is your partner in dental health for life
Why Choose Dr. Kitzmiller?
3 Reasons Apex Dental Group is Your Best Choice Dentist in Apex, North Carolina
Best Diagnosis and Treatment
Over 400 Positive Reviews
General Comprehensive Dentistry & Endodontics
What Our Patients Say
Tap & hold or hover to pause
We believe that joint decision-making leads to the best patient to dentist relationship. Our mission is to listen to patients desires & concerns, help our patients understand options, achieve positive results and educate so they maintain a primary role in their care. Our patients are like family to us!
Our Philosophy & Approach
- We provide comprehensive dental services in a caring and friendly atmosphere.
- We focus on prevention and education for the entire family using state-of-the art technology.
- We believe that the best dentistry occurs when there is trust and communication between the dentist and patient regarding treatment and finances.
- We approach your needs and give options from ongoing professional dental education.
- We use chair-side computer monitors to include patients in decision-making.
- We utilize laser-assisted tools that help us identify early-stage cavities.
- We are child-friendly and believe early dental experiences should be positive.